This paper evaluates bilateral trade between South Africa and the EU over the past decade, where possible up to 2003.
Structure of the Report:
Part A: Aspects of trade and tariff patterns
- Basic trade flows between South Africa and the EU
- Intra-industry trade
- Trade intensity calculations
- Areas of export potential for South Africa to evaluate a possible South African export growth strategy
- Revealed trade barriers
- Possible effects of existing tariffs on bilateral trade flows
Part B: A preliminary quantitative assessment of the impact of the FTA on South
Africa's trade with the EU
- To what degree has the phase down of EU tariffs had a positive impact on South African exports to the EU?