As part of its dialogue work TIPS organises regular Development Dialogue Seminars and the TIPS Annual Forum. Having built up experience of running more than 15 economic conferences over the past 20 years, TIPS can also be contracted to organise economic conferencesfor other organisations.
Services provided include:
- Co-ordinating call for papers and registration
- Designing invitation and name badges
- Sourcing venues
- Meeting with service providers and negotiating rates
- Sourcing service providers for translations, equipment, entertainment, printing, décor, promotional and corporate gifts
- Selecting menus
- Arranging theme dinners
- Organising visas
- Arranging international and local travel logistics
- Organising tours and site visits
Conferences organised by the TIPS Event Management Team include:
- ERLN Conference 2016: Economic Development for Employment: Sub-national Strategies, November 2016. Hosted by the Government Technical Advisory Centre and the Economies of Regions Learning Network (ERLN) in partnership with the University of Johannesburg.
- ERLN Conference 2015: Economic Development at the Sub-National Level, October 2015. Hosted by the Government Technical Advisory Centre and the Economies of Regions Learning Network (ERLN) in partnership with the University of the Witwatersrand’s Development Studies Programme.
- Manufacturing Led Growth for Employment & Equality, May 2014. Hosted by the South African Economic Development Department, Department of Trade and Industry and Department of Performance Monitoring and Evaluation, in partnership with the European Union Delegation to South Africa.
- Project managed and coordinated the Partnership for Economic Policy (PEP) Conference: 10th General Meeting in South Africa, May, 2013.
- UNU WIDER, GAPP Technical Workshop April, 2013 (Held at TIPS for client)
- Department of Public Enterprises Supplier Development Summit, March, 2013 (Joint co-ordinator)
- Green Economy Workshop in Tanzania, March, 2013 (Joint co-ordinator with IDRC at Southern Sun in Dar es Salaam)
- South African Economic Regulators Conference, August, 2012 (at Southern Sun OR Tambo)
- Geographical Indicators Workshop, February 2012 (Joint co-ordination with Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Department of Trade and Industry)
- Community Work Programme:
- Leadership Course
- Financial Workshop
- Inception Workshop
- Improving Competitiveness for Job Creation: Technology, Access to Finance and Industrial Policy Conference, October 27, 2011 (by TIPS and World Bank at the Development Bank of Southern Africa)